EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL ICE CREAM
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 yolks from large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or coconut crystals
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup Lake George Olive Oil Co. Chilean Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium heat, stir in sugar, salt and vanilla bean to dissolve. When mixture just begins to boil, slowly add egg yolks, whisking (without stopping) until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan constantly until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the custard through a strainer into a mixing bowl to remove any chunks of cooked egg yolk. Whisk in the olive oil until well blended, about two minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least two hours. Churn according to ice cream maker’s instructions. Store in an air tight glass container in a freezer for up to two months.
Comments are closed