ROASTED BEETS AND QUINOA CINNAMON-PEAR SALAD
- 3 beets, mix of red and gold
- 1 pear, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/8 cup quinoa, cooked
- 4 Tbsp Lake George Olive Oil Co. Toasted Walnut Specialty Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Lake George Olive Oil Co. Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- Lake George Olive Oil Co.Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast the beets by first drizzling the oils over them and adding salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and roast the beets in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, checking occasionally for fork-tenderness. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, rinse the beets under cool water to slide off the skin. Chop into roughly 1/2 inch cubes and set them aside to cool completely (beets can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated.
- Take the cooked quinoa and slightly toast it by tossing it in a small hot skillet for a few minutes. Drizzle the quinoa with Lake George Olive Oil Co. Toasted Walnut Specialty Oil and sea salt, then remove from heat and set aside. Assemble the salad on a platter.
- In a small bowl, add three tablespoons of Lake George Olive Oil Co. Toasted Walnut Specialty Oil and one to two tablespoons of Lake George Olive Oil Co. Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar, whisking constantly. While whisking, add 1/2 Tbsp honey and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle prepared vinaigrette over salad, garnish with toasted walnuts.
Comments are closed