GOAT CHEESE RAVIOLI WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS IN A MUSHROOM-SAGE CREAM SAUCE
For pasta dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large, fresh eggs
For pasta filing:
- 8 oz fresh goat cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup white wine, i.e. Chardonnay
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Lake George Olive Oil Co. Mushroom and Sage Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Whisk together the ingredients for the filling and set aside
- Mix the pasta dough and roll pasta sheets using a pasta machine or by making them as thin as possible with a rolling pin. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Carefully place a heaping teaspoon of filling in rows down the center of the bottom pasta sheet, allowing for at least 1 inch of space around each mound of filling. Wet the edges around the filling with water and lay a second sheet of pasta on top. Seal the edges of each ravioli thoroughly and cut into individual raviolis. Place finished raviolis on a dry towel or parchment paper.
- Once the raviolis are assembled, in a large saute pan, saute the thinly sliced shallots in Lake George Olive Oil Co. Mushroom and Sage Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Begin to boil the raviolis in small batches for 2.5 to 3 minutes per batch. Flip them over to evenly cook both sides. Remove the thoroughly drained raviolis to a large serving bowl.
- Allow the shallots to become golden. When the shallots become golden and caramelized, add the white wine and reduce by half. Add the cream and simmer for an additional minute, whisking to combine. Season the sauce with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Pour the warm cream sauce over the raviolis and toss. Plate and serve immediately.
Comments are closed